AUTHOR PROFILECE PRO
Jeff's latest posts
- What’s the Deal with AOC Failures? Active optical fiber (AOC) failure rates can largely depend on crude testing that does not account for increased distances after adding passive HDMI...
- Boccaccio: A Better Way to Power Active HDMI Cables HDMI cables, power supplies and DC currents don't always play well together.
- When High-End Products Limit Low-End Results
- What’s the Deal with AOC Failures?
- Boccaccio: Don’t Leave Test Results of Eye of the Beholder
- Power vs. Data Rate: Is There a Compromise?
- Why Distributors Are Digging Deeper Into HDMI Education
- All the Lab Testing in the World Won’t Catch HDMI Interop Issues
When High-End Products Limit Low-End Results
July 03 2019 · What does that headline mean? Consider this scenario that came from a recent DPL support call. A high-end integrator has a job with several screens including, let’s just call it, a “super projector” along with the best media storage product out there and a ton of other goodies. The…
Boccaccio: Don’t Leave Test Results of Eye of the Beholder
May 17 2019 · HDMI rev 2.1 was announced in January 2017. The actual specification was not released until the end of that year. This allowed companies to begin the design process to move forward with what has become the greatest expansion to the interface. But we still needed a test spec to ensure products could…
View more blog posts from Jeff